Prof. ST Hsieh
Director, US-China Energy Industry Forum
March 21, 2022
Could anyone make sense of the following headlines in the US? Vaccines keep people healthy, military weapons kill!
- White House officials say U.S. has exhausted funds to buy potential fourth vaccine dose for all Americans
- The US Senate passed a bipartisan $1.5 trillion spending bill that included $14 billion in aid to Ukraine Thursday night, a day after the measure was approved by the House of Representatives.
- The U.S. has pledged to provide about $2 billion in military aid to help that country defend itself against the brutal invasion by Russian forces.
- US aid to Ukraine: $13.6 billion approved following Russian bombardment marks sharp increase
- US President Joe Biden has earmarked an additional $800m in military equipment that will be directly transferred to Ukraine.